Gears an interlocking
- The Gears is a very interesting and unexpected
descendant of The Clips puzzle.
- It looks like a set of nine intersected sticks but
in fact it's a three-piece coordinate-motion puzzle.
- To assemble it you have to put together three parts
moving them simultaneously towards the center of the puzzle.
- Although it looks pretty complex, it can be made out
of flat pieces of wood or plywood using an ordinary scroll saw.
- The Gears has a hollow cubical cavity inside of it,
so to some extent it's a Box Puzzle.
- The space contain a little secret which makes
assembling more challenging.