a Set of molecular
- The Octetra ® is a set of two three-dimensional
puzzles based on a physical phenomenon of the dense spatial package of spheres.
- The Octetra ® consists of six parts of three
- Each part is a chain of spheres coupled together rigidly and
placed within one plane which is important from the point of view of molding the design.
- Using some of the parts two different shapes may be
- a tetrahedron 4x4x4 using two parts1 and two parts2
- an octahedron 3x3x3 using three parts1 and one part3.
- Before starting the assembly the suitable parts
should be selected.
- Both of the Octetra ® puzzles assemble with mutual
parts clutching to form the two firm shapes.
- Judging by the rectangular shape of most of the
parts, the solutions are far from obvious.